Friday, April 5, 2013

"Come Together" to send me to Belgium!

Hello, my name is Catherine Hall and I will be spending the 2013-2014 school year as an AFS exchange student in Ougreé, Belgium.  I will graduate from high school this June, and then will be spending a gap year in a Belgian high school. I cannot wait to immerse myself in a completely different culture, speak a new language, and make new friends.  Although Belgium is a small country, it is very culturally diverse (they speak Flemish in the north and French in the south) and is an important crossroads for Europe.

I have been studying French for five years, but there is still so much for me to learn!  I have always wanted to be not only competent, but fluent in another language, and going to Belgium with AFS provides me a perfect opportunity to do so.  I am strongly considering minoring in French in college, so having the knowledge ahead of time would help achieve that goal.

As I am wrapping up my senior year, I am very busy with all of my AP classes and activities.  I am very active in my school's music program.  I am a member of the wind ensemble, jazzband, chorale, and show choir.  I also love tap dancing and performing in musicals!  Among all of the chaos it is impossible for me to find time to get a job during the school year.

Here is a clip of The Beatles singing "Come Together."  Each post in my blog will be somehow related to a song that expresses my feelings as I am going through my exchange.







1 comment:

  1. You're going to love it. You'll be close to Liège, so get ready to be around tons of exchange students. Let me know if you have any questions or anything. I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete