Wednesday, October 23, 2013

It's offically Sweater Weather! (Well, it has been since September)

October has always been my favorite month of the year. To me, fall is the best month of the year because the weather is comfortably between warm and cold, and it is sweater weather. In Belgium, September was a lot chillier than I was used to in Ohio, but the weather this October has been about the same as Ohio.  To me, fall means marching band, chilly nights, bonfires, pumpkins, changing leaves, apple picking, hay rides, apple cider, and Halloween. Here in Belgium, most of those things don't exist. The worst is that pumpkin flavored things are nonexistent. A Pumpkin Spice Latte sounds so good right now...Pumpkin pie too..It should be a crime because Belgians really don't know what they are missing out on (especially pumpkin pie).

This weekend, I went to Namur and met up with 4 other Americans with AFS. It was really awesome to finally get together, and we went to the Citadelle (the battle site of some war that happened in Belgium). Here are some pictures:







Shameless selfie






























I also went to church today with my friend Laura from Costa Rica, which was good because I have only went to church once before that since I've been here. We're planning on going to the Jeremy Camp concert together in Brussels in November, which should be pretty cool. One more week of school and then we have a week off :) Yay for the Belgians having more breaks than in the US!

 

Happy October to all! In the mean time, I'll be trying to find something pumpkin flavored in Belgium...

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my city last year with AFS… I know being an exchange student can be lonely and difficult (per your most recent post), but do yourself a favor walk to la place du vieux to grab a beer or chez gaby for fries or le regal for the cheapest tomato/cream pasta for me (trattoria bottega is way more expensive). Or just walk down the street, and try to remember that there are people who, at this very moment, are wishing they were there! I miss my school (Champion), my exchange student friends, and I miss Namur like crazy. It's a beautiful city and if you get the chance, you should visit it more often. Breathe in Belgium (without being bitter about the cigarette smoke hahaha) with every step that you take. Before you know it, you'll be home.

    ReplyDelete