Friday, June 28, 2013

Fly Me to the Moon

Yesterday,  I received information about AFS about my Gateway Orientation in New York.  It is on August 21st, beginning at 4pm, so I have to be in New York by then.  My parents originally wanted to drive from Cleveland to New York to save money and so that they could spend lots of "quality time" in the car with me before I left. Personally, I would prefer an hour long flight without the parents, and tried convincing them that it'd be cheaper. After all, they'd probably go shopping in New York and have to stay a a hotel. But most of the flights I found were around $430 just for a one-way ticket, which wasn't really that justifiable.  Alas, I ended up looking on travelocity, and by leaving from the Akron airport (which is only like 45 minutes away), I got a direct flight to New York for only $115!  My parents couldn't argue with that awesome price, so we booked the ticket today. :)

I never offically received information regarding the flight to Belgium, but I believe that the flight is on the 22nd, and then the arrival orientation in Belgium should be on the 23rd and 24th.  So this means that I 54 days until I leave for Belgium! YAY! I have been waiting for the day to come for soooo long.  I had been to go abroad with AFS since I was a sophomore in high school, but with the logistics of it all, I realized that the best option would be to do a gap year.  In less than two months, I'll be in Belgium!!!

A bientot
Catherine

One of my favorite jazz songs...give it a listen!




No comments:

Post a Comment